Tuesday, April 13, 2010

John's 36" Wing

John built a 36" wing using the blu-core fan fold foam. He oriented the natural folds in the raw foam along the leading edge of the wing to produce a very nice looking airfoil. His original configuration had the motor on the leading edge of the wing. The CG was too far forward, and the flight attempts ended in nose-dives and broken props. Then, he took the utility knife and packing tape to the wing, converted it into a pusher and had better luck.


John reinforcing "motor mount" with packing tape








Reconfigured into Pusher Configuration






3 comments:

  1. Were you trying to get the nut shot in that first picture? Versions 2 and 3 are planned for this weekend... Will the speed wing be up?

    I also picked up another pack of bluecore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought some more risque shots would drive some traffic to the blog...

    Are you buying more receivers for this flock of wings?

    I have everything I need to complete the speedwing. Hopefully I'll be able to work on it tonight. Maybe I'll build something else as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, you're driving away traffic from your blog!

    ReplyDelete