Sunday, March 6, 2011

Multi-Camera Angle Video



This was my first try at a multi-camera angle film. You can see how motor vibration increased from the first to the last run. By the final runs- with the rear-ward facing camera- the vibration was bad enough to turn most of the field of view into "jello". I believe the issue is linked to the Hobby-King 10x5 APC clone prop. I'll be switching it out with a real APC and see if it rectifies the issue. I'm planning on using those HK 10x5 props for the Tri-copter, so I'm going to have to try and balance them to remove any vibration.

Also, during the final camera run the camera was ejected and fell several hundred feet down into the snow! This happened at the farthest distance away from me in the pattern I was flying. I saw a dark spot leave the aircraft, and initially I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. When I brought the aircraft back, I noticed the camera was missing. It only took me an hour and a half searching on Saturday and another hour on Sunday to find the camera. ;) When it impacted the snow, it left a perfect rectangular hole, then penetrated down to the ice. Luckily I found it Sunday afternoon, because later in the day it started snowing. If I wouldn't have found it when I did, it would have been lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment