Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Ride of the Year

Tex, Doug and I had a great first outside ride of the year. At least for me, it was the first ride. Tex and Doug have seemingly thousands of miles under their collective belts already. They totally demolished me. But, still a great ride. About 32 miles, heading from my place straight out west on Hwy 6. There were an amazing number of other road bikers and motorcyclists out. Spring is here! I think I saw more motorcycles and bikes out in one ride than I saw all week in Hawaii last week. I guess if the weather is nice year around it's not quite as special to get out on two wheels. After the ride we relaxed outside on the sidewalk at Caribou with a hot cup of joe.

(photo thanks to Tex)

Now, a day later my quads still hurt. Spin classes and running occasionally during the winter helps, but it's just not the same thing as the 'real' road!

No comments:

Post a Comment