So, I thought it was about time to start working on the "real" design. So far, here are the major changes from the prototype:
- Tip wing section is about 60% of the root wing section- hopefully this will avoid the nasty tip stalls of the prototype
- Reduced wingspan to 24" from 40". Even with this major decrease in wingspan, with the increase in wing tip chord length the wing area is still close to the prototype - about 302 square inches
- Removed winglets. They kept on breaking on the prototype. If this doesn't have enough directional stability I'll add them later.
- Added cockpit to cover batteries, and allow longitudinal orientation of the batteries.This will also reduce the need to core out the wing as much- which should make the wing much stronger.
- Extend spar across wing center joint.
- Wingspan 24"
- Wing area 302 square inches
- Estimated all-up weight: 1.1+ pounds ~ 500+ grams (this seems to light, but maybe it's correct)
- Max power: 1100 watts