Sunday, February 15, 2015

Magicshine mount for Giro Edit

I just purchased a new helmet for winter riding- I was tired of getting a brain freeze from riding in 10 degree temps with my regular helmet and Gore balaclava underneath. Way back in the day I would have just duct-taped the helmet vents, but these days there are lots of great winter helmet options. The helmet is great by itself- and it has a nice bonus feature- a built-in GoPro mount. One of the nice things about this new helmet and printed mount is that no additional purchased hardware is needed to attach the light.

I designed a mount for the gopro adhesive mount I attached to my summer helmet, but the angles were not right for the new helmet. So, off to Solidworks to design a new mount. The first try seemed to work well. I might add a feature to clip on the wire, but other than that it's good to go. I might also try moving the light further back towards the helmet.

I placed the Solidworks .prt and .stl files on thingiverse if you want to print your own.

GoPro adapter printed

MagicShine bolted on

Magicshine LED mounted to the Giro EDIT



No comments:

Post a Comment